Sunday, September 4, 2011

Aaaaand we're back

Howdy again folks.  It's hard to believe it has been almost two months since I posted here.  I gotta tell ya, having a full time job and now full time school and job is a time ruiner.  However, it has not prevented me from making progress on train related tasks!  I have finally gotten back to a groove where I can make posts on here.  And no I don't feel bad it took this long.  Some of the better blogs out there haven't updated in more than two months.  So there.

Anyways, I have been saying from the beginning that this site is for my HO and N scale endeavours and yet, up til now, there has been no N scale posts.  Change is finally afoot!  I got out the camera and took some quick shots of the 3x5 simple loop layout I have been working on for a while now.


The above picture is an overview of the layout.  I went as simple as possible.  A single loop, one industry, short passing siding on the back, and minimal track.  It is currently acting as a place for me to practice my scenery techniques until I can finish it and sell it.


 This is the good ol' MRC Prodigy Express DCC system.  It runs all of my N scale locos without nary a problem.  This will probably be my system for the next several years.  It is simple, incredibly easy to use, and a pleasure to operate.


This is the space underneath the layout.  Cluttered and crazy, but I know where everything is.  To cut down on dust issues, I cover the layout witha  simple blanket that can fold up and lift off without damaging details and trees.


This is my mirror for viewing the passing siding on the back of the layout without having to lean over the front.  It is a simple automobile blind spot mirror mounted on short bit of dowel.  The curvature allows me to see the entire siding and main line in the back.  Very handy.


Here is the only industry, an Walthers New River Coal Mine kit.  It is weathered, but I have not finished adding lights and details to the inside.  A siding begins on the right hand side of the layout and curves around to the front where it splits into two lines.  The mine can be served by up to three tracks, but I wanted to add a truck loading area as well.  This area is currently under some extreme renovations.  The Atlas Southern Pacific GP-40 seen here is the first N scale locomotive I ever purchased.  I was so excited until I realized the N scale cars I had purchased with it had rapido couplers and the geep has accumates...

And there it is.  The beginnings of my N scale experiences.  I cannot wait to finish it and get on to the next one.  Oh, the woes of being a modeler :)

To finish off the day, I am nearing hopeful completion of phase one on the big HO project.  I have been trying for weeks to get it going and everything that can go wrong has so I a bit behind and exasperated.  Until next time, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment